Monday, February 19, 2018

Staycation: Hotel Vila Ombak, Gili Trawangan


The Private Dock of Hotel Vila Ombak



The Balcony of Our Room



Interior of The Room




The Bathroom 


Dinner at The Beach (Hotel Vila Ombak Restaurant)

When my parents came along with me while I was looking around the neighborhood of my (then) future workplace, Tanjung, West Nusa Tenggara, we went to Gili Trawangan and spent our time at Hotel Vila Ombak. We booked it quite impulsively without really comparing it with another hotel like we used to. When we thought that the price is reasonable and we saw the picture of the hotel on the internet we thought it was enough.

But after experiencing it I thought it was better. The price is not so expensive yet the hotel is very comfortable and offer a great service. First thing first, I love their private dock. I think I did not see any other hotel owning this kind of private dock. There is a public harbour at Gili Trawangan but you can imagine how crowded it is for this island is the most crowded island of all the three gilis. Can you imagine how comfortable it is arriving at the dock right in front of your hotel so you do not have to carry your luggage all the way to your hotel or paying an extra fee for using rented vehicle available?

Then going to our room, we got the standard room at the second floor. Although the room is not facing the pool but the surrounding is so comfortable, with trees around and with the breeze blowing I can lay in the sun deck available at our balcony while reading my favorite book, all the time! 

There is nothing so special inside our room, but of course I love their complimentary drinks for I can drink my coffee while watching the rerun of Harry Potter on HBO before I dozed off, and not to mention they gave us free fruits also (the orange was sweet I love it!)

The bathroom is quite spacious but there is no bathtub available for the standard room, but it was reasonable enough when looking at the price. They provide us essential oil soap and shampoo and I love the smell of it! 

Hotel Vila Ombak has an outdoor cinema and they provide free ticket for their guest while outside guest who want to watch the movie have to pay for around idr 100.000 (usd 0.7). That night they were playing The Beach, yes the one starring Leonardo Dicaprio shot at the beautiful Thailand! After enjoying my dinner (with a cool live band playing along  -which I fallen in love at first sight, and I requested a John Mayer's  Song "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" because I thought the singer would sang it perfectly, and he did!-) I watched The Beach at the outdoor cinema, at the beach, with the constellations up above, can you imagine? It was perfect! :)

And in the next morning, after walking around Gili early in the morning and while waiting for our check out time, it was cloudy so I can enjoy their swimming pool like my own pool because nobody was swimming haha. I love their pool it is so big and comfortable, too bad I didn't take any photo of it, maybe next time I can upload some video (wish me luck for the video editing haha!) Anyway they also provide sun deck on the beach along their hotel so we can just lay there and watch the beautiful sea and the green hills of Lombok Island across the sea. 

So overall I give 5 out of 5 stars for this Hotel Vila Ombak, definitely will come back someday when I have the chance, I hope it soon!

Gili Trawangan, Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Price upon booking: idr 1.100.000 (usd 88) for Superior Lumbung Terrace Room
Phone +62 370 6142336

No comments: