Monday, December 18, 2017

Hotel Update: The Peacock Inn, Ubud, Bali


Dress (Cotton On, a gift from dear friends, so thank you!), 
Shoes (Unbranded, bought at local store at Ubud), Watch (Fossil)


Got a twin room at first floor with pool view at my last stay



Some improvement from my last year stay; with a much cheaper price (due to Gunung Agung issue) I got room with television and complimentary drinks plus the water heater



The bathroom is still as properly mantained as before

This October was my second time staying at The Peacock Inn, a boutique accomodation at the heart of Ubud. After spending my one day staycation at Hati Padi Cottages, a pretty secluded and beautiful cottage half an hour drive from downtown Ubud, here comes the time for me to have to stay at downtown Ubud, for the sake of flexible mobility during my volunteering days for Ubud Writers and Readers Festival 2017. 

For me, cleanliness is number one issue followed by great location where everything I need (food, market, coffeeshop, neighborhood to wander) are within walking distance with addition of breakfast included in the room price and pool inside the accomodation, then of course a within my budget hotel :P

Last year, October 2016 for a more precise time, I stayed at The Peacock Inn and booked it for idr 407.000 (USD 31) per night, breakfast not included, I got a room at the second floor and got no television nor complimentary drinks inside the room. So what a surprise that this year I checked again for this hotel at Agoda and got a cheaper price where breakfast included, so I booked it right away. And what a more surprised I felt when I checked in at the hotel and got a better room, a twin room at first floor overlooking the pool with television and complimentary drinks inside, a much improvement of the room!

I understand that the price might be cheaper this time due to Gunung Agung issue so less tourist came to Ubud, but I have to appreciate the improvement of the room and the still properly maintained  room (the bed, the linen and bed cover, the microfiber pillow, the bathroom and its free amenities from lemongrass soap until lemongrass body lotion is still as great as last year).

I have the chance to spoke for one moment with Mrs. Georgina, the owner of this accomodation, who is a citizen of New Zealand and also own another places such as yoga studio. I compliment the improvement of the room and she said it was her manager ideas which she approved.  She takes a good care of her guest and their needs, no wonder this place is always feel like home. And with its great location where I can walk to Seniman coffee studio, Ubud Market, Jalan Goutama where a lot of cafes and small boutique open till night, until Nasi Padang restaurant whenever I missed eating something familiar from home, I think the next time I come back to Ubud, surely I will stay at The Peacock Inn again, five out of five stars for this accomodation, believe me this is the most honest review from the bottom of my heart :P

The Peacock Inn
Jl. Sugriwa No 4
Ubud, Gianyar
Bali, 80571
Ph. 0821-4480-443
Price upon my latest stay (Oct 2017) booked via Agoda:
idr 320.000 (USD 23.5)/night including a la carte breakfast

1 comment:

cKAja said...

oke, bakal masuk dalam daftar tempat yang akan dikunjungi kalo ke ubud nih