Thursday, November 30, 2017

Joy in Between Work at Bali









Location: Tirta Empul Temple
Jalan Tirta, Manukaya, Tampaksiring, Gianyar, Bali


Before I started my volunteering days, my friend who works at Jimbaran, Bali came along to Ubud and we spare some times enjoying a slow paced life around Ubud. She asked me whether I have been to Tirta Empul Temple and Gunung Kawi before, and I said no. Then there we went!

Tirta Empul Temple located about half an hour driving from downtown Ubud. There we could find temple and spring water believed for its healing power so whoever taking bath here they will have good health and prosperity. When I arrived there I observe one Balinese woman doing the ceremony in the spring water religiously, what a sight! And I noticed that she skipped some spring water's sources and my friend said that some of them are only for ceremony for the deceased.

Then we walked around the temple and we found a pool near the spring water, my friend said when it is full moon and I can see a big fish inside the pool, then it means I will accept a great fortune. And I said jokingly to her "I think I will stay here until the full moon then! ;)"

This temple is located near Tampaksiring Palace, I remember when I was little I once visited the palace and it was beautiful. But too bad since Bali Bombing this palace is not open for public anymore, except for a pre arranged study tour from a formal institution. Well, really do hope I will get the chance to visit the palace, one day. 



Location: Gunung Kawi
Banjar Penaka, Tampaksiring, Gianyar, Bali
Me posing with my dear friend who came along this trip



Dress (This is April), Watch (Fossil), Sunglasses (Giordano)

Our second destination was Gunung Kawi located near Tirta Empul Temple, only about 10 minutes driving. Gunung Kawi is a temple and funerary complex. It consists of 10 shrines carved at about 7 metres high. It was beautiful and a little bit magical.

Before arriving at the shrines, we have to walk down the stairs with paddyfield view around. Just the perfect remedies before seeing this magical temple! It is said that this shrines is dedicated to King Anak Wungsu and his favorite queens. The shrine in the east side believed to belong to King Udayana, his queen, and their sons; while the shrine in the west belong to the king's concubines. 

I wonder, our ancestors seem to love building magnificent structures for their loved ones; Taj Mahal in India until The Albert Memorial in Kensington Garden commisioned by Queen Victoria. And as for today, what do we do for our beloved ones? Or are we too busy pursuing our own ambition and thinking only about ourselves? 

No comments: